Challenge #2 | Sue’s Take

Here is my finished layout, inspired by EYE Challenge #2:

stitched

Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Scenic Route, American Crafts, Prima Marketing, Luxe Designs, Me and My Big Ideas, Creative Imaginations and 3 Bugs in a Rug patterned papers; Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine; RR Kinder Font; Stitch Alphabet Uppercase and Lowercase by Rivka’s Renditions; Bazzill Basics and Stampin’ Up! stitching templates; Bazzill Basics floss; needle.

Sorry for the wonky photo – I snapped it quickly this morning with my iPad Air.

Why, you ask? Why this morning and not late afternoon when the layout was close to being complete? Well, this layout turned out to be another one of those hare-brained ideas that ended up taking WAY too much time!! Believe it or not, all of the hand-stitching took hours!

In the end though, I’m quite pleased with it though. I didn’t want to detract from all of my embroidery detail so I ended up adding no other embellishments!

**Updated with new photo!**

I dug deep into my oldest patterned paper scraps for this – my old Just Cre8 kits from 2007! Out of the 8 manufacturers used, 5 are defunct or were absorbed by other companies! I gathered 10 patterns that had similar colours and different weights (more on mixing patterns on Wednesday!) and then just started cutting random shapes to fill a card stock sheet.

Tip: a good way to use up your less desirable colours of cardstock is to use them as backing pages for this type of project!

I free handed most of my paper cuts but you could certainly use a trimmer. I puzzle-pieced the scraps together and lightly traced pencil marks where I needed to trim. My scraps all butt up to each other but you could have yours overlapping – it would be much easier, but I seem to have a knack for doing things the hard way! :)

stitched3 stitched2

My title was created using my Silhouette, using a combination of sketching and cutting. The stitched words were created from a alpha cut file and the others were printed using a Silhouette sketch pen. The heart was my own design – I just poked holes using a pushpin and then stitched!

stitched1

Be sure to check back tomorrow for a free download of my cut file for my title.

Can’t wait to see what you create!

Cheers,

signature

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Challenge #2 | Sue’s Take

I'd love to hear what you think about this!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s